Emailing Invoices from OS X

Mark Corden

18 Nov, 2014 11:46 AM

Hello,
I haven't used the email invoicing function before, we had been 'saving' invoices into a shared drive then attaching the invoices to send to a customer...we've now identified that there is an option to send an invoice through email directly. When we try to do this, MS Outlook opens with the email address of the customer taken from the customer settings, however the invoice itself does not get attached.

Does the email invoice function work with MS Outlook or are we missing something?

Thank you

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mathew on 18 Nov, 2014 04:28 PM

Hi Mark,

I think this is because you have Outlook registered with OS X as the default mail program to use when sending email. Easy Books builds on Apple's standard sharing mechanism, but unfortunately in OS X this seems to use the "mailto:" protocol, which doesn't support attachments. I think the only Mail option that supports sending invoices by email is to register the Mail app as the default handler.

I have to say I'm disappointed with this myself, I assumed Apple would have built something that would have worked seamlessly with other email clients, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Mathew

2. 2 Posted by Mark Corden on 18 Nov, 2014 10:23 PM

Thanks for the update Mathew, understood.
    Mark

3. Mathew closed this discussion on 19 Nov, 2014 08:32 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Easy Books please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac