Adding customer

Paul Gunningham

19 Feb, 2012 09:50 PM

Another suggestion for you. The ability to add a customer from device contacts.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mathew on 21 Feb, 2012 08:35 AM

This is already implemented in the iOS version. There is a button at the bottom of the account settings when you've set the category to either customer or supplier. You can use the button to search the contacts.

Mathew

2. Mathew closed this discussion on 21 Feb, 2012 08:35 AM.

3. Paul Gunningham re-opened this discussion on 21 Feb, 2012 10:03 AM

4. 2 Posted by Paul Gunningham on 21 Feb, 2012 10:03 AM

Ah, so there is. It isn't that obvious as the icon used is the same as for sending an email etc. It would be better when adding a new customer, that a popup window opens asking if you want to copy details from contacts.

Sent from my iPhone

5. Mathew closed this discussion on 21 Feb, 2012 10:40 AM.

6. Paul Gunningham re-opened this discussion on 21 Feb, 2012 07:16 PM

7. 3 Posted by Paul Gunningham on 21 Feb, 2012 07:16 PM

Hi Mathew

I have been running the ios version of Easy books on both my iPad and iPhone for a quite a while now and very much like the software and have recently purchased it for my iMac.

With regards the ability to add pictures to a transaction, I can only assume that currently the ios version only references the picture stored on the device to make the database file smaller, which would explain why during backup the images are not saved.

Although I am not a total tree hugger I do try to do my own bit to conserve and reuse resources, one way I do this is by having a paperless office. All my invoices /receipts, etc are either scanned or received in pdf format and saved on my Mac, Network Server and off site Cloud server.

I think that your Mac version would benefit from the ability to add a PDF/JPEG/PNG to a transaction, with the option to either include the PDF/JPEG/PNG in the database file or just reference it to your iPhoto/Aperture Library, do you think this would this be a possibility?

I also have another question, would you be interested in designing an electrical testing app for electricians that collects data by Q&A and exports out the results to a form for email to clients?

Regards

Paul Gunningham

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Mathew on 22 Feb, 2012 06:44 PM

Good idea, I'll add it to the list.

9. Mathew closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2012 06:44 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Easy Books please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac